There can be joy in the process. There can be joy in the process. There can be joy in the process. 😜 Making our house a home has been the slooooowwwest process. Ever. But documenting it and dreaming/scheming is fun for me, and we’re almost in a place where we can start giving the outside of our home some love. So let’s look at what we got.
• Our house numbers were probably still from the 50s. Although I’ve kept them because they’re fun and kinda retro. Maybe I’ll spray paint them (gold, of course😆) and frame them.
• There’s a lot of shade but if you look closely, you can see that our grass, or lack thereof, was in rough condition.
• We wanted our door to pop a little more. And if you know me, you know I have commitment issues with color and couldn’t go with a bright, bold, fun color.
• We literally signed our closing papers and drove straight home to switch out the house numbers. Haha! We just had to mark our territory.
• My sweet Jeff has been diligently working on our grass. It’s pretty much his third baby. It’s not perfect, but looking so much better!!
• To make our door pop, we just stripped and stained it. I say it nonchalantly, but it literally took a whole weekend. I don’t regret that decision one bit though!
Things to do:
• Put down wooden tile on the staircase and little porch.
• Remove shrubs, and replace with pretty landscaping.
• Paint the foundation gray to match the rest of the house.
What do you think? I think these little (ahem pricey, time consuming😁) to dos will make such a big impact!! Also, quick question: if the outside of your house could use some love, and the inside needs furniture/pretty things on your walls, where do you start?! I go back and forth!!