Last week, I shared three easy tips for you to consider while trying to achieve goals. And one of the tips was accountability, so today I want to share ALL my goals. More for my sake!
Last year, I set zero goals. None. Mainly because I didn’t get a chance to step away and think about them. I thought having no goals would be nice! No pressure to get anything done sounded fun. BUT by the time the end of the year rolled around, I kinda felt like a failure. Like I didn’t accomplish anything all year. Which was false. I survived life with two mobile littles, and fed said littles three times a day (with a bajillion snacks in between) for THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE DAYS. 😉 I also had a few opportunities to do some branding projects…Which I’ll share more about next month! All that to say, this year I want to more than just survive and take what comes my way. I want to do things I love and am super passionate about.
So, let’s jump right in.
1. Read my Bible daily. It doesn’t matter if one verse or five chapters. I just want to get in it daily. I kicked the year off by thinking that I could read the New Testament in 90 days, and I was about sixteen chapters behind at then end of the very first week. Eep! So I copied a friend with this new goal and I love it!
2. Memorize scripture. I’m going to try to memorize twenty verses this year!! My husband is too good at this, and I really admire him for it. So I want to join him in having God’s word written on my heart and mind.
3. Be generous. It was somewhere in between my oldest daughter throwing a fit about giving Christmas gifts to children in need and someone anonymously giving us $200 to help with Christmas, that I realized how ugly greedy hearts are and how beautiful it is to be a financial blessing to someone.
1. Exercise 3 times a week. I like to feel strong and healthy for my family and me!!
2. Limit sugar intake. And NOT buy sweets for our house unless its a special occasion. Simply make healthier eating decisions.
3. Sleep! Shooting for 8 hours a night.
1. Read one book a month. Sometimes I feel like my intelligence is slowly depleting as a stay at home mommy, anyone else?! I’m constantly teaching abc’s and using two word sentences–ha! Hopefully this will keep my brain going and growing! 😉
2. Create and share monthly goals lists. My monthly ones will be more of a to-do list that I need/want to get done by the end of the month. For example: finish baby Olivia’s first year book, blog at least twice a month (check!), have a mommy-daughter date with Ella, etc.
1. Have slow down, rich and sweet moments with my family daily. I want to soak them in. The days are going by too quickly to not.
What are your goals for this year?!